ETF 2012 qui y va?
RE: ETF 2012 qui y va?
Thanks Franck,

Some individuals strange behaviour should not put the blame on the whole organisation...

Dominique
Cordialement,

Dominique T

http://unepassionaudiophile.fr/
Répondre
Dear Dominique, Frank and all ETF'ers,

Well, as previous staff member, I have to say that indeed this ETF 'visitor' topic is quite complicated to solve nicely...
Nevertheless, Dominique and his family were unexpectably badly treated... Which was probably unnecessary...

We actually had a different case 2 years ago in Stella: guys went from England to meet ETFer and make some business. Those GB guys were neither previous ETFer nor known from any of us... They didn't even send an email before the festival...

Obviously, IMO, visitors must be reduced as their are potential security problems (high voltage....) and steeLing problem...
But, It might be interesting to find a way to welcome some previous ETfer who just want to say Hi and see what's going on... Those visitors should of course declare themselves before the festival... To be honest, we didn't have the same opinion among people from the previous staff... No a simple subject.

Apart from that, I think ETF was great, no organization problem... Congrats to the Berliner as first year always is the hardest year.

Best,

Julien
Répondre
Hi all,

May I suggest two (and only two) simple options:
- I need a bed room
- I don't need a bed room

So the number/identity of participants remains controled and know in advance.

Yves.
Répondre
Hi all, Hi Yves,

May I suggest many many more (and only many many more ) simple options :
- I neither need meal nor bedroom for one guy
- I neither need meal nor bedroom for two guys
- I need one meal and one bedroom for one guy
- I need two meals and one bedroom for one guy
- I need three meals and one bedroom for two guys
- I need x meals and x bedrooms for x guys

So the number/identity of participants remain controlled and known in advance Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
@mitiés, Dominique,
Thorens TD160 MKII, Denon DL103, Pré-pré JDLV Lab DIY, Préampli RIAA EAR 834P DIY, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Yamaha CD-S700, Yamaha T-D500, DAC AD1865 SRPP DIY, 2 x K209+ Grand_Floyd 2021 Tantale Bi-Amp DIY, GPA 515-8LF/VOT DIY, Altec 288C/Philips 15 cellules, tweeters AKT (André Klein)., Bass Boost actif analogique DIY + Sub JBL 2241H/4641 DIY + Ampli classe H Thomman Proline 3000.
Répondre
Hi Dominique, Julien, Yves and all other Melaudia members,
I agree, it would have been easy enough to just take Dominique and his family around for a couple of hours or so AND it would have helped if his visit would have been announced to the ETF team.
As mentioned earlier, the response to this years registration was overwhelming and we agreed that, apart from the impossibility to accomodate more than 100 people, any further increase might change the character of the ETF to something less of a "family meeting", which, in my opinion, is one of the greatest traits of the ETF.
I myself bounced a commercial manufacturer from Berlin, with two of her guests from the UK, who showed up at the door on Saturday. I explained the situation in a very friendly and polite manner, but it nevertheless didn't go over too well either. Their argument was that the ETF was announced in a UK mainstream magazine under "Upcoming Events" and that they "just wanted to check it out". We certainly didn't advertize it, but it shows that there is no total control over what people perceive the ETF to be.
In the end it comes to deciding where to draw a line. Our group did discuss this line near endlessly(or so it seemed :-) and I will support that, in the next two years and upon prior announcement, any ex ETFler will get his "tour". But there won't be "single day"- or "two day"-passes, with our without food, etc. That would complicate matters beyond acceptability.

I hope you understand and wish everyone a peaceful holiday season,

Frank
Répondre
Hi Frank,
berlinta a écrit :. . . But there won't be "single day"- or "two day"-passes, with our without food, etc. That would complicate matters beyond acceptability.
Fully agreed !
That's why I just suggested "To Bed or Not To Bed" for whom who can find other accomodation in Berlin.

Yves.
Répondre
Hello Frank

When I studied the possibilty for me to attend ETF2012, I could see that there was not so much single rooms.

May be I was a bit late to ask but, as I sleep in 3 to 4 intervals of night per night and I would not bother any room mate I preferred to not attend.

But hopefully next year I'll go.

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h
Répondre
Salut et Hello,

first I like to emphasize that the organizers of the ETF2012 made a marvelous job. Many details were considered in advance and were very well organized. There was plenty of room for presentation of all the amps, speakers, turntables and so on; the band on Friday evening was simply fantastic (if you like Eberhard Webers Bass, you have missed a great performance); the shootout was perfect organized (i.e. very well selected different pieces of music) and real fun - all in all it was a great event in a very well location and all members of the Berlin Team deserve our highest appreciation.

So, looking back from now and having the impression of ETF12 in mind, I have to say that my earlier statement about the participants was way too harsh. But, it was based on the list of participants which I read some weeks before November. And there I missed many ETF friends from abroad which did so much for this great event in the past - especially most members of the Melaudia team. In Berlin the picture was different. Like Frank Schr??der already sayed, most people from the years before were there and it was the same international spirit like the years before. Obviously the list of participants which I read in August and which made me sad didn`t tell the truth.

I do not have a simple idea how to manage the registration. My statement here in this forum was emotionally triggered. It was definately not my intention to make an unfair criticism to the organisation team. If this happened I apologize for that.

On the other hand I am committed to my statement which I made in Berlin: To keep the spirit of the ETF alive we have to support the people who do real things for this great event. So wee need and should support first the people who organise this event, who spend endless time to find solutions for an endless row of detailed questions. Secondly we need of course people who build crazy stuff, bring good music and inspiring ideas for this event. The ETF gains more and more attraction. If the majority of people is coming there just to look around or to sell something only, the unique character of the ETF will disappear. But how to manage this during the registration process? That is a hard question and again, I have no simple suggestion.

Best Regards

Frank
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)