ETF 2012 qui y va?
ETF 2012 qui y va?
Bonjour,

Le festival Européen de la Triode (Triode Festival '12) se tiendra cette année près de Berlin

http://www.triodefestival.net/index.php?page=etf-12

Le lieu est l'hôtel Teikyo :

http://www.teikyo-berlin.com/index.php4

Je n'ai pas beaucoup d'informations sur le type d'hébergement, quelqu'un a t'il plus de renseignements?

Le shoot-out (concours) de cette année est le spud-amp c'est à dire les amplis monotubes (par exemple comme celui à WE437 qui avait été décrit dans la revue l'Audiophile.

Qui pense y aller? Comment y allez vous? etc.

Cordiales salutations.

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h
Répondre
RE: ETF 2012 qui y va?
Bonjour Jean-Michel,

Je commençais justement à regarder les billets d'avion, ce matin...

Au niveau de l'hébergement, c'est "comme d'habitude", sauf qu'il y a très peu de chambre simple, la plupart des chambres sont avec deux lits.

Tu as dû recevoir des mails de l'organisation : la pré-inscription commence le 1er juin, et les places sont assez limitées.

En revanche, il y aura pas mal de salles d'écoute.

Je compte y aller en avion avec une valise cabine et une valise en soute.

Du coup, le matériel emporté sera forcément "très raisonnable" du point de vue d'un audiophile forcené, mais je me demande quand même si ce sera acceptable pour un douanier : j'espère que je ne finirai pas à Guantanamo !

Jérôme
Répondre
Salut ,

Rapellez vous de Konsantinos qui avait construit un ampli en deux parties afin de pouvoir le trimbaler en soute depuis Athènes ! !

Je pense venir en auto avec une escale vers Frankfort, à l'aller comme au retour.
Quoi que le sujet du shoot-out ne demandera pas une grosse valise !

Des discussion en cours, il semblerait que le critère soit "simple étage" et non "simple tube" ce qui autoriserait ainsi des monstres avec des douzaines de tubes en parallèle Rolleyes
Ce serait beaucoup moins amusant et beaucoup trop "Kolosssale Mekanike Germanike" à mon goût Big Grin dommage . . .

Pas encore de décision définitive mais j'ai l'idée d'un "matrix amplifier" à la Steve/Stéphie Bench autour d'une double tétrode d'émission.

Yves.
Répondre
Hello,
J'en serai et j'y vais en voiture ,qui a de la place(break bmw).
Pour ma part, j'emméne un ampli simple étage et simple tube de vingt watts
environ.
Bruno
Répondre
Mauvaise nouvelle : les 60 places réservées à la pré-inscription sont déjà remplies. Sad

Je me suis inscrit sur la liste d'attente, en espérant être pris.

Jérôme
Répondre
Bonjour Jérôme,

J'ai l'impression que cette année cela va être aussi "rapé" pour moi. Le manque de chambre "single" m'a fait tiquer et j'ai tardé à m'inscrire (mais j'ai aussi, cette année, de prévisibles indisponibilités aux dates où ETF'12 aura lieu).

De plus, j'espère me tromper sur ce point mais ce millésime 2012 me semble aussi très germano-allemand et j'ai bien peur que les français ne se comptent que sur les doigts d'une seule main.

Amicales salutations,

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h
Répondre
ETF2012
jeanmichellcl a écrit :Bonjour Jérôme,

J'ai l'impression que cette année cela va être aussi "rapé" pour moi. Le manque de chambre "single" m'a fait tiquer et j'ai tardé à m'inscrire (mais j'ai aussi, cette année, de prévisibles indisponibilités aux dates où ETF'12 aura lieu).

De plus, j'espère me tromper sur ce point mais ce millésime 2012 me semble aussi très germano-allemand et j'ai bien peur que les français ne se comptent que sur les doigts d'une seule main.

Amicales salutations,

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

Bonjour,

excusez moi s'il vous plaît, je ne peux pas écrire en français...

first, I deeply regret how the booking for ETF2012 happened. From my point of view the organizers of the fantastic ETF meetings in Stella - you from Melaudia - should have had a first-hand-right to get an accommodation for the ETF this year in Berlin. Jean-Michel is right, too many Germans, too little Europeans, nearly no one from France - it`s a shame! I will bring this topic onto the agenda, it will be the first sentence of my presentation.
I myself was lucky. I was in holidays when the run for the open seats started (I had time to have a look into my private emails...) and so I could catch one room for 2 persons. My initial roommate will not be able to come to Berlin. I will not give back this seat officially, because than I have no influence about who will share my room - and I like to give it someone from Melaudia. Maybe one of you (Jérôme?) is still waiting for an opportunity? Please send me a private message if you are interested in. I know, it is pretty short in time...

Best Regards and

Amicales salutations,

Frank Bl.
Répondre
Bonsoir a tous,

Good evening to all of you!

I just noticed Frank Bl??hbaum's comment on the booking procedure and the lack of european(non german) participants.

I would like to point out that, simply for reasons of fair and equal treatment, ALL former ETF participants were informed by email when and how to register for this years ETF. The organisation team believes that any registration procedure other than "first come, first serve" would rightfully yield complaints.

As for Frank's comment on not having enough Europeans: more than half of the participants came from abroad, incl. visitors from the US, the UK, Netherlands, Austria, Greece, Belgium, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Hong Kong, Japan and , yes, France :-)

I would have loved to welcome more guests from France, Melaudia members or not, but my own preferences for an individual guest or a group of guests do not matter. Everyone was treated the same(we even randomly picked one of the couples for the "Wedding suite").

My recommendation for next years registration is to act quickly after the registration was opened, this way your chances of securing your "ticket", particularly for a single room, will be very high.

Next year, I'm truly hoping to see more of you surprising everyone with cool equipment and great music selection, like you've done so many times before!

A peaceful holiday season to all of you!

Frank Schr??der
Répondre
Dear Frank,

I have to report a bad experience at ETF 2012 and I would like to propose an improvement for the next event.

My daughter is living in Berlin and I thought it might be a good idea to take the opportunity of one of our visit to escape the family and come to say hello to friends participating to the event. I had myself no reason to book a room for the event as I am not a valve amplifier designer and I was staying with my wife and daughter in Berlin city center. I rented a car and drove on Friday to the remote place. I stayed only one hour to have a look. I decided to come back Saturday morning to meet with Bruno who was staying there, as we had to drive back together to Cologne Sunday morning and I proposed to my wife and daughter to come with me in order to have a quick look to the place and say hello to some people that we met in Stella, in 2011.

We had no intention to "steel" any coffee and drink, but as we were standing in the back of the conference room to say hello to Julien, who witnessed the scene, we where suddenly taken to task by one of the organizers who non politely asked us to leave the room and the hotel immediately.

I explained the situation and proposed to pay a fee to cover the cost of this very short visit, but this guy was incredibly aggressive.

My wife and daughter were shocked and I will have now a lot of difficulties to convince them to participate again to an ETF, at least in Germany.

So my proposal, on top of not authorizing non educated people to take responsibility in such organisation, would be to provide provision to allow visitors to come for one day, if they do not wish to participate to the whole event.

The number of cases will probably be very limited...

Kind regards,

Dominique ROLAND
Cordialement,

Dominique T

http://unepassionaudiophile.fr/
Répondre
Dear Dominique,
My apologies for this unfortunate and unnecessary behaviour. I wasn't made aware of this incident and shall find out why(and by whom) you were treated like this.
As for your suggestion, I need to point out that for simple reasons of insurance coverage, the ETF cannot open its doors for visitors, unless prior permission has been given by the organisation team. Some of the amps that were built without any outer casing were running on 1000V and the risk of any one(children in particular, but knowledgable adults are not immortal either) accidentally getting hurt or worse is something that the organisation team can't risk. Once we "open the doors" to one-day visitors, we also can't promise anyone's gear to be still there by the end of the day(a concern expressed by many ETF participants).
You cannot imagine how many people "just wanted to check it out for a few hours", we had more than one hundred inquiries, not just a few...
I will be more than happy to take individuals around, but please contact me before coming by, because the schedule doesn't allow for each of the organizers to be available at any time. And don't worry about coffee and cake next time, it'll be my treat :-)

@Julien: I remember that the french ETF organisation team had to send some "surprise" visitors back home last year too. Since I've known you, Jerome and the rest of the french team for quite some time now, please tell me right away when something is going wrong. I won't be offended, but would have a chance to fix things right there and then.

All the best,

Frank
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)