Additional questions about the concours
Additional questions about the concours
Bonjour

Please let me ask some additional questions about the concours.

What about the location?

Will the concours be in the listening room of Melaudia in Malmaison which I already know from my visit?

(I want to check the approx. room size. The room is quite big for a fullrange driver.)

Is the listening judgement made in front of the public?

(may be this will absorb a lot of sound energy)

For me it is hard to make a decision.

I have a fullrange speaker which performs well in a normal living room (not too big) an has relatively high definition.

I have another single cone speaker, which plays less esoteric but loud.

Could I arrive with two pairs of speakers? (I do not think so)

Best regards, Jo
Répondre
RE: Additional questions about the concours
Bonjour johannes,
les dimensions de la salle de Reuil sont de :

"Les dimensions de la pièce sont 13,70m x 5,95m, le plafond est à 2,80m et est composé de panneaux de BA13 vissés sur des fermettes. La pièce est très sonore, l'extinction des sons très lente avec un côté "cantine" ou "pièce carrelée". Si plusieurs personnes parlent en même temps, les résonances et réverbérations sont telles que le message devient inintelligible. "

voir les liens des mesure effectuer dans cette salle :

http://www.melaudia.net/mesure0710.php
http://www.melaudia.net/mesure0711.php

Cordialement.
Stéphane
Club double 16"
"Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler"
Répondre
Merci Stéphane,

I understand - this is the big room. I am curious to see how the other participants will deal with this situation. Smile
I think this could be a problem using small fullrange drivers.

a+, Jo
Répondre
Bonjour Johannes

Mon avis :

Soit utiliser des enceintes avec un rendement tres elevé + de 95 dB.

Ou avoir avec l'organisation,utiliser la salle dans l'autre sens ou faire les écoutes dans la cuisine qui est une salle plus petite.

Stéphane
Club double 16"
"Laissez les Bons Temps Rouler"
Répondre
Johannes LeBong a écrit :Will the concours be in the listening room of Melaudia in Malmaison which I already know from my visit?
Is the listening judgement made in front of the public?
Could I arrive with two pairs of speakers? (I do not think so)

Yes, Yes, Yes !

The concours will be in the "Orangerie", in Rueil-Malmaison, and we anticipate a large public, so it will be a large and damped room.

You can come with two pairs of speakers, but if you want to participate with both speakers, you will have to be able to switch from a speaker to the other one quickly.

Best Regards,

Jérôme
Répondre
Halo Johannes,

Your questions are very relevant. By now, we didn't yet commit on the protocol we will use for the comparisons. There is some more work to do, the info will be posted as soon as it's decided Smile

So far, the large room in Rueil should be use, but indeed the question of an equivalent audience for each comparision must be addressed. As for some tenth of other issues...

As Jérôme said, your second speakers are welcome but if you plan to submit both of them, they have to be loaded in separate boxes. Otherwise it might become difficult to have them compared.

Best Regards,
François Rayer

Kirk : "Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes !"
Répondre
Dear François,

please excuse all my questions. The concours inspired me very much to try new things. That is why I called my project Mélaudia|Exp. 'Exp' from 'Experimental - that means I do not know the results yet. There are so many possibilities even if I concentrate on vintage drivers and retro concepts.

Anyway it is big fun. Thank you all for the idea of the concours.

May be audio friends in Karlsruhe will meet in the near future to make a preselection :-)

a+ , Jo
Répondre
Halo Johannes,

Your questions are welcome and legitimate. As you said this is a matter of fun and experimentation.

We hope this will permit to all of us to enlarge our listening expertise. I, personnally, strongly believe in sharing expertise between people.

Best Regards,
François Rayer

Kirk : "Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes !"
Répondre

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)