04/10/2015-14:04:52
RE: Denon DL-103R vs. Ortofon X5-MC
J'ai une X3 donc la référence inférieure, sonne très bien je dois dire, il n'y a que sur highendaudio qu'on en dit du mal
("Ortofon Cartridges : I recently received this (edited) letter from a reader: "The cartridge section ...(can not) be regarded as authoritative, or even informative, when it doesn't even mention the existence of Ortofon..."
My (Edited) Reply to the Reader :
I would like, ideally, to get as much of my relevant audio experiences posted as humanly possible. Since I do this part-time, I am trying to post what I feel is the most relevant, helpful and important information first. The rest will have to wait (maybe forever). Accordingly, there are still numerous lines, in which I have extensive experience, that I have not yet mentioned on this website.
As for the Ortofon cartridge line, there are many models, past and present. I was never an official Ortofon dealer in my audio retailer days. Still, through numerous trades and "special-deals", I heard virtually all of their most popular models, from the early 1980's to the middle 1990's, which even included their (then) top of the line ultra-low output designs (the MC-2000 and the MC-3000). (I have no experience with Ortofon's current models.)
The reason I haven't already mentioned any of these Ortofons is that I felt there was nothing special about them to discuss, for better or worse. Every model I heard was "good". The ultra-low output versions (.05mV!), mentioned above, did have some "outstanding qualities" (an amazing speed and purity), but they were impractical to use, and I still preferred other cartridges, overall, at the time. And these other cartridges didn't require extraordinary methods to amplify them. Alternatively, if I had felt that the Ortofon cartridges were substandard in sonics, or even overpriced (like many of the Clearaudio pickups), I would have warned my readers by now. I don't feel that audiophiles have to be "warned" about Ortofon. They're good, well-made, safe and fairly priced. I realize this may not be enough to satisfy an audiophile who is a real "fan" of the line, but that is my honest opinion. (2/08)").
Inutile d'aller sur le site car j'ai des doutes sérieux sur son authenticité.
Et une 103 avec SME 3009 mais malgré ça je trouve le son quelque peu indifférencié.
("Ortofon Cartridges : I recently received this (edited) letter from a reader: "The cartridge section ...(can not) be regarded as authoritative, or even informative, when it doesn't even mention the existence of Ortofon..."
My (Edited) Reply to the Reader :
I would like, ideally, to get as much of my relevant audio experiences posted as humanly possible. Since I do this part-time, I am trying to post what I feel is the most relevant, helpful and important information first. The rest will have to wait (maybe forever). Accordingly, there are still numerous lines, in which I have extensive experience, that I have not yet mentioned on this website.
As for the Ortofon cartridge line, there are many models, past and present. I was never an official Ortofon dealer in my audio retailer days. Still, through numerous trades and "special-deals", I heard virtually all of their most popular models, from the early 1980's to the middle 1990's, which even included their (then) top of the line ultra-low output designs (the MC-2000 and the MC-3000). (I have no experience with Ortofon's current models.)
The reason I haven't already mentioned any of these Ortofons is that I felt there was nothing special about them to discuss, for better or worse. Every model I heard was "good". The ultra-low output versions (.05mV!), mentioned above, did have some "outstanding qualities" (an amazing speed and purity), but they were impractical to use, and I still preferred other cartridges, overall, at the time. And these other cartridges didn't require extraordinary methods to amplify them. Alternatively, if I had felt that the Ortofon cartridges were substandard in sonics, or even overpriced (like many of the Clearaudio pickups), I would have warned my readers by now. I don't feel that audiophiles have to be "warned" about Ortofon. They're good, well-made, safe and fairly priced. I realize this may not be enough to satisfy an audiophile who is a real "fan" of the line, but that is my honest opinion. (2/08)").
Inutile d'aller sur le site car j'ai des doutes sérieux sur son authenticité.
Et une 103 avec SME 3009 mais malgré ça je trouve le son quelque peu indifférencié.
